Hacks to heal your skin naturally
Who doesn’t want naturally glowing skin? Healthy and vibrant skin is an indication of good health. But what do you do when your skin itself starts looking unhealthy? Skin aging is a part of the human life cycle. We can’t stop this, but we can work on our skin to slow down this process. You can heal your skin with a healthy diet and with the help of some natural products.
Have you ever wondered how our grannies and mothers had so much glow on their faces? The reasons behind their healthy skin were a nutritious diet and the natural products they used to use, unlike today’s creams that are synthetic.
All you need is mindfulness in what you eat and to take out 15-20 mins to take care of your skin. So here are some natural products that can help you to rejoice in your dull skin. To see noticeable changes follow them without skipping at least for one month.
Aloe vera is perhaps one of the most widely used herbal remedies for skin conditions. Its healing gel penetrates the deepest layers of our skin and brings all of its nutrients down to our cells.
- Aloe vera hydrates the skin.
- It helps in reversing aging & wrinkles as it boosts your skin’s collagen production and fights free radicals that keep your skin firm and plump.
- Aloe vera gel helps treat acne and removes stretch marks and scars.
How to use: Apply aloe vera gel and massage in a circular motion. Leave it for 5 minutes then wash your face with warm water.
Caution: As we all have different skin types, so it might be possible that aloe vera gel doesn’t suit your skin type. So before applying it to your skin try it on a smaller area of your skin. If after one day there is no reaction, it should be safe to use.
Steaming helps us to sweat out skin impurities and toxins. The warm steam causes your face to sweat, which opens the pores. Facial steam applications give you multiple skin health and beauty benefits.
- Steam helps to remove blackheads as the steam opens up your pores and helps loosen any buildup of dirt for a deeper cleanse
- Steam promotes circulation as warm steam and an increase in perspiration dilates your blood vessels and increases circulation. This will boost of blood flow of your skin which will nourish your skin and delivers oxygen.
Please maintain caution during the process of steaming. Maintain safe distance from the steamer so as not to burn your skin. Remember that the steam is a lot hotter than the boiling water, hence, do it for only as much time and heat level as you are comfortable with.
Honey is a natural antiseptic that heals skin faster as its antibacterial properties help remove bacteria and germs from your skin. It helps rejuvenate the dull and lifeless skin.
- Honey helps open up your skin pores to cleanse them and helps you get rid of blackheads.
- It Hydrates the skin.
- Its antibacterial properties help soothe inflammation and protect the skin from germs thereby leaving the skin moisturized and nourished.
- Regular use of lipstick can lead to cracked and dehydrated lips. So before going to bed every night apply some honey on your lips, this will help to heal your chapped lips.
How to use: You can either directly apply honey to the face and massage it or you can mix it with yogurt. After applying leave it for 10 minutes then wash your face with warm water.
Drinking water first thing in the morning awakens your body and encourages blood flow. Drinking a good amount of water will hydrate your body and provide sufficient moisture for your skin.
- Enough hydration will help to reduce wrinkles and fine lines. Water also helps in plumping skin which will slow down your aging process.
- Drinking enough water can help you combat a variety of skin issues as it helps your digestive system flush out toxins from the body.
- Drinking a good amount of water increases the blood flow of the skin, which can help even out your skin tone and complexion.
Turmeric is a wonderful source of fiber, potassium, vitamin B6, magnesium, and vitamin C.
- It helps to reduce dark circles as it is an anti-inflammatory and lightening agent.
- It helps to reduce stretch marks as it has great antioxidative power that penetrates and improves the function of the skin membrane cells.
How to use: Take one teaspoon of turmeric and so that of yogurt, mix it properly. Apply it on your face. Leave it for 10 minutes and then properly wash your face.
Here are few other factors that lead to healthy skin
- Maintain a healthy diet: ensure the skin is getting optimal nutrition from the foods we eat. Eating a diet that’s rich in fruits and vegetables will boost the vitamins and antioxidants in your body.
- After coming from outside, it is always recommended to wash your face properly. It will help to clean all the dirt on your face
After washing your face always put a moisturizer. Here the brand of moisturizer doesn’t matter.
- Proper sleep: Good sleep can lead to good skin health as when you’re sleep-deprived, your body makes more of the stress hormone cortisol. Elevated levels of cortisol can create an increase in stress and inflammation in the body which will lead to hurting your skin’s quality.
If you liked our article, do let us know in our comment section below!!